Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Abuse does NOT excuse abuse. EVER.


It's not unusual for children who have been abused to grow up to be incredibly kind, loving, awesome people. They may struggle with self-doubt and agonize over whether or not they're doing the right thing.

But if your partner or parent was abused, and they're now abusing you? What they went through is no justification for what they're doing to you. They have no right to use you as a physical or emotional punching bag, and you're not to blame for their past. You're responsible for your actions in the here-and-now, not for what someone else did to them.


You are responsible for you. Not them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do I know it's abuse?

I mean, maybe I'm overreacting.  Maybe I'm too sensitive. Or not patient enough. Or I just don't understand them?  If I trie...